Walking Canes & Crutches
Sherman Oaks Medical carries a vast variety of canes. including Standard Canes, Fashion Canes, Palm Grip Canes, Quad Canes, Folding Canes, Walking Sticks, Extra Tall Canes, Blind Canes, and Heavy Duty Canes. Whether you're looking for something simple and classic or something that stands out a little bit more, we have the perfect cane for you! Visit our Showroom at Sherman Oaks, CA or call (818) 981-9906.
Factors to Consider when Purchasing A Cane or Crutches:
- The height of the cane: It is important to get the correct height, making sure the cane is not too tall or too short.
- The shape of the handle: Each user has a preference for what shape their cane's handle will be, as each style distributes weight differently.
- Weight of user: Most canes can hold up to 250 lbs, however, crutches can hold up to 300 lbs.
- Weight of cane or crutch: Some canes weigh less than a pound, making them very lightweight and easier to transfer around. Crutches can also weigh up to 4 pounds, and it is important to take into consideration if this is convenient for the user.
- Condition of user: It's important to consider cognitive function, coordination, physical fitness, upper body strength and user's surroundings when choosing a cane or crutches.
Our service area covers most of Southern California including Los Angeles and surrounding cities.
To see a full list of cities covered in our service area please click here.